Friday, July 29, 2011

What is this?

This is a blog about the career of Nicolas Cage.

I am a huge Nicolas Cage defender. I maintain that he is the hardest working man in Hollywood. A little fun fact for you guys: Nic Cage has starred in (and I mean was the leading actor in) at least one movie every year since 1983 except in 1985. His filmography, courtesy of IMDB, lists 59 feature films currently out with 6 more in production. That's almost a 30 year career in the business of show and it is still going strong.

However, Nicolas Cage has been ridiculed as of late for his financial woes and his choices of roles. For example, check out this clip from College Humor:


Hilarious, I know. But what happened to this guy?

As I said at the beginning, I am a HUGE Nicolas Cage fan. Face/Off is one of my favorite movies and I think City of Angels is one of the unintentionally funniest movies ever made, but these both come during the pinnacle of his popularity. In this blog I will watch, in chronological order, every Nicolas Cage feature film ever made and chart his progress from teen heartthrob to serious actor to A-list movie star to Jerry Bruckheimer's favorite pawn. I will review each film and performance. Hopefully, I will finish this before before the insanity of this project drives me insane as well.

Anyways, enjoy the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment